I saw the clock say: WED 1/20 3:30 PM, signaling my retreat home to grab my bags and hit the road for Park City, UT for the 2010 Independence Sundance Film Festival! I saw zero flakes of snow my whole way, making the drive fast, easy, and pleasurable... zipping along by my lonesome to a new adventure.
I saw a very luxurious hotel (outside my price range) after arriving because, unfortunately, calling AAA at 10:00 at night, requesting a hotel in Park City during an international event is a comical request.
I saw multiple feet of snow outside my window early in the morning, making my clothing selection, car condition, and rest of the week plans very superfluous.
I saw my best friends! (Jenny, Amy, Trevor, Viktor, Simon, Shua) after ambushing them in Provo for the day on Thursday. It was nostalgically glorious!
I saw my tickets in hand for an eventful Friday in Park city: "Happythankyoumoreplease" and "The Company Men".
I saw celebs during my stroll downtown in Park City: Ben Affleck, Ryan Gosling, Josh Radnor, Tony Tale,
Malin Akerman, Kate Mara, Peter Scanavino, John Wells, Tommy Lee Jones, Kevin Costner, and Chris Cooper.
I saw the beautiful, unappreciated art of the infamous Banksy while enjoying my Java Cow.

I saw "Obselidia" "Shorts Program IV" and "Lourdes" with Adrienne while in Salt Lake City for round two of the festival.
I saw the stunning Egyptian Theater, complete with the classic old man playing show tunes on the organ before the performance. After which I enjoyed "Waiting for Superman" and "Boy" in Ogden for Sunday day 3 and then the quick drive home.
My eyes feasted that weekend on people I love, films I adored, audiences crying, laughing, clapping, standing in ovation and the humble beginnings of low budget film makers trying to make it big (and in my mind, resoundingly succeeding).
No comments:
Post a Comment