"Oh not too long; I just moved here in August."
"Wow, really? Where did you move from?"
"Washington!"
"So what brought you here?"
"... ... ... ... ... "
I have had this conversation countless times since I moved to Boise, ID - and I never have a good, consistent answer.
...seemed like a cool place - close to home/school - came here for work - locked into a contract - felt right - was headed home and ran out of gas in boise, decided to stay...
I've been trying to think of a really compelling response and so far, have come up wanting. To be honest, there was a slightly ridiculous reason I decided to come here, and a few dollops of whipped cream that sealed the deal:
dollop one: The Egyptian Theater
dollop two: The Record Exchange
dollop three: The Co-Op
Each day I find a new topping that keeps me happy and keeps me going and today was no exception. Boise Bicycle Week was just announced and I am SO excited! I plan on doing as many events as I can fit in on my new ride. There is a Vintage Bike Swap that I would love to watch (will not be trading anything), the Monday Kickoff, a Twilight Ride on Mardi Gras, Bike Maintenance stations, Street Smart Cycling, Women's Road Ride, the Recumbent Rally, Pedal Power Picnic to the Park, May in Motion Event, Bicycle Block Party, and the Pedal Power Parade.
Ride on.

Dad said.... Your move to Boise also made me wonder why. But then I remembered your abrupt move to Idaho and thought of how adventurous you are.
ReplyDelete