I went to a couple of bike shops, just for browsing. The last one I entered: Bob's Bicycles. I went to the front counter and told the help exactly what I was looking for. I had a particular bicycle envisioned in my head and wasn't planning on settling. She showed me a few in my price range... errrr! Showed me one that was what I had described WAY outside my price range... errrr! The owner laughed when I told him what I wanted and he said $700 is minimum starting price for a bike like that. Thinking I would probably have to find my new bike in a second hand store, I just perused for a little while. After, I don't know.... 30 seconds, I found it! MY bike. It was perfect, exactly what I was looking for and was even on sale for the exact price I was looking for. It is simply put, the perfectly imagined bike.
I took it out for a test spin yesterday and still loved it. Then later that night for its official debut. I was riding along the green belt and whenever I would adjust my headlight, my hand would sweep across the front handlebar and accidentally 'ding' the bell. It was the happiest little sound and would always surprise me! I would then say, "Oh! Hello Belle!" as if my bicycle didn't want me to forget that she was a part of the bike ride too, and not to just use and ignore her. Belle and I had a beautiful ride and I love that she is waiting for me at home, as we speak. Another bike ride is in my future, for Saturday.
My favorite is the little wood panel on the back for my purse/backpack for downtown grocery shopping or long trips, for a bag filled with water and snacks.

No comments:
Post a Comment