Sunday

#138 - deep and dark

Last weekend I went adventuring again! There seems to be only a few more adventure days left, as the weather is getting crisper and wetter. I went with 17 new friends to "Smith's Crack" about 30 minutes outside of Boise. I really love caving! Being inside the earth, in such a dark, hidden place... it's very exhilarating. I love climbing around and discovering new tunnels and crevices. My brother is, hopefully, on the verge of finding a sweet new cave in Washington, which I will be excited to explore with him.


I think the trickiest cave excursion I've had thus far was called the "Birth Canal" (it wasn't in Smith's Crack). It consisted of a tube, roughly 200 yards long. You had to have your arms above you, because of the tightness (laying down, there was a wall inches from your nose, and inches from the left and right sides of your body). To get through, you had to methodically move your heels, knees, butt, back, shoulders, head, repeat. You inch-wormed your way through to a 90 degree corner, which opened up into a small room. After hanging out in there, you went back, inching along. Once you reached the end of the tunnel, you had to hang down, head first for about 5 feet, until you could reach the ground with your hands and hand-stand your self free. GIVE ME MORE!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails