Sunday

#136 - the future

While I was in college, I thought about the future, but not with a lot of worry because, well, it was the future. When romantically fantasizing with girlfriends, everything seemed so magical because, it was the future. We are starting a new computer system at work and received training the other day. If a key component was missing, we would bring it to their attention, and they would inform us that it was to come in the next upgrade. When is it going to be released? In the future. Whenever I see something fancy or cool, I call it, "The Future".

It's hard to tell if this fantasy is solely based on movies: depicting the future as this great and wonderous time, when things you desire are brought to pass, the girl gets the guy, technology allows us to fly and have the world readily available at our fingertips. It's a time of complete possibilities, no limits or boundaries. If something is unpleasant now, it will be perfected in the future. But if it's always in the future, when will the future be my now?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails