Monday

#158 - hindu take two


I made it down for my second Hindu fix. At the Sri Sri Radha Krishna Temple in Spanish Fork, UT, every year they celebrate the coming of spring at the Festival of Colors! About 30,000 people (ironically, 90% mormons) all squeezed together, splattering one another with color. (more pictures to come...)
  • religious rejuvenation - kinda check
  • inner peace - mostly check
  • multicolored powder in every orifice - check
  • destroyed clothes - check
  • March's monthly excursion - check
  • loving bonding - double check
  • a blast! second year in a row! - hecka check
The only, potentially life-ending, struggle was the drive home. I apparently got a lot of chalk powder in my right eye, completely inhibiting my contact. If I opened both eyes at once, they would cross - suddenly launching cars in front of my car, or cause the road looking all screwy. Thus, I could only open one at a time, and for some reason my mouth had to be open and eye brows had to be raised as well. It was extremely exhausting for my face and caused a pounding headache. I discovered a trick about half way home and that was; if I was sucking on my water bottle straw, my eye no longer hurt. Don't ask me questions... it just worked. If I stopped drinking, searing pain and tears flooded from my eyes. Constantly having to drink water though, led to the need for frequent pit stops.

PRO: vision, hydration, life
CON: frequent stops means getting home later, prolonging the drive, thus causing more stops in a vicious circle of tired frustration

1 comment:

  1. Pretty sure my arm pits are going to be stained purple for a while....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails