Five months after buying the goods, I did the deed. A sushi SUCCESS! We had avocado-crab-carrot sushi and salmon-cucumber-avocado sushi. Both delicious and both well crafted. With the pot-stickers to accompany them and with cokes on the side, it was the perfect meal. That's not to say Sushi Ya is no longer appetizing, but our dozen or so sushi came to about 5 bucks worth of ingredients (if that)... maybe 3. The "making of" and "shopping for" being so fun probably added to the goodness of the dinner, but I think the sushi can stand alone and speak for itself. And if it could, it would say "Love on me; I'm delicious".
Friday
#39 - glorious achievement
Five months after buying the goods, I did the deed. A sushi SUCCESS! We had avocado-crab-carrot sushi and salmon-cucumber-avocado sushi. Both delicious and both well crafted. With the pot-stickers to accompany them and with cokes on the side, it was the perfect meal. That's not to say Sushi Ya is no longer appetizing, but our dozen or so sushi came to about 5 bucks worth of ingredients (if that)... maybe 3. The "making of" and "shopping for" being so fun probably added to the goodness of the dinner, but I think the sushi can stand alone and speak for itself. And if it could, it would say "Love on me; I'm delicious".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Those pot stickers look good. =) I'm glad you guys finally got around to doing this!
ReplyDelete