I am so excited for this new year. It started off perfectly; spent with my best friend - and continues to be more and more exciting. I started my new job today as Fitness Director and Faculty Advisor to the Wellness Center. It was so much fun - I'm right in the midst of the workout, healthy, sweaty action! All the people I work with are friendly and outgoing and it looks like I will be staying pretty busy. Classes also started this week: Sports Medicine, Spirituality in the Arts, Communicable and Non-Communicable Diseases, Ethics, Social Problems. All my teachers are friendly and pretty funny. The work load isn't going to be cake, but defiantly manageable. I am also starting to put the Relief Society President gears into motion. I am teaching this sunday and will meet all the new people in my ward. I am stoked! It's nice being able to start over - clean slate - for a new year and a new semester. This will be my last full load semester (my senior semester will only have two classes!). A few caveats amidst the perfection: two of my professors seem to be embracing the youth embodied in their students by offering "sharing time" "show and tell" and requiring that the students use markers and paper to make name plates to put at our desks... oh so cute... SLASH makes me feel like I'm not a senior in college.
Thursday
#34 - a year of change
I am so excited for this new year. It started off perfectly; spent with my best friend - and continues to be more and more exciting. I started my new job today as Fitness Director and Faculty Advisor to the Wellness Center. It was so much fun - I'm right in the midst of the workout, healthy, sweaty action! All the people I work with are friendly and outgoing and it looks like I will be staying pretty busy. Classes also started this week: Sports Medicine, Spirituality in the Arts, Communicable and Non-Communicable Diseases, Ethics, Social Problems. All my teachers are friendly and pretty funny. The work load isn't going to be cake, but defiantly manageable. I am also starting to put the Relief Society President gears into motion. I am teaching this sunday and will meet all the new people in my ward. I am stoked! It's nice being able to start over - clean slate - for a new year and a new semester. This will be my last full load semester (my senior semester will only have two classes!). A few caveats amidst the perfection: two of my professors seem to be embracing the youth embodied in their students by offering "sharing time" "show and tell" and requiring that the students use markers and paper to make name plates to put at our desks... oh so cute... SLASH makes me feel like I'm not a senior in college.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love the picture. You guys are so photogenic. Your enthusiasm almost makes me want to be in school again!
ReplyDelete