Monday

#37 - Maaaaammm! We need carpet for the clubhouse!

I'm officially never too old for forts. It's so exciting being in a secret place, inside a place. When I was in elementary school, I would clear out a corner of my closet; add a lamp, some blankets and pillows and just be happy being sneaky. I always thought, no one could see me or find me if I was in my fort. My forts were very portable as well. Where ever I was, I could find one: inside the circular clothing racks in stores while my mother shopped, laying on the chairs under the dining room table, and inside empty cabinets (I was much more compactable then). My dad and I even built a treehouse fort in my back yard - split level!

Every semester, thus far, I have had a fort in my apartment. Freshman year, it usually consisted of stacking the couches in the living room with one sheet draped over it. Sometimes we mixed it up, went all out, and brought our matresses into the living room, but that was only on special occasions. Each semester, I think they have gotten more and more sophisticated. This semester, however, the title was taken. Sami and I made a breakfast of champions for the men (Taron and Brent) while they build "the cave". Big enough to sit in, eat in, lay in, and watch a movie - it was perfect. I don't think we could have done better, even after our many years of practice. I believe we easily could have hung out in there all day, but alas, duty calls (boo work). Time to plan the next stronghold of sneak...

(no pics of today's fort... couldn't find the camera...)

2 comments:

  1. Not to forget that your secret lairs also contained hidden treasures, namely a particular sisters special things hidden in the pockets of your hanging dresses. Do you remember the fort we built in the car on our US tour? We had neighboring castles that catipulted smarties over the wall at each other. Speaking of childhood, I bought chocolate teddy grams the other day and they made me think of you...mmmm milk. -Rach

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think our fort this semester was by far the best built! Thanks to the men! But I think our fort under the table was by far the best fort time we've had. Gross we ate a lot of junk in that fort! =) I'm glad I have you to play with!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails