Monday was my first FHE in my new ward. I began by calling the FHE co-chairs to get some information and I ended up talking with one (Toby) for a while on the phone as he got to know me and I got to know the ward through him. I drove to the activity with the other co-chair (Kim) so that I wouldn't get lost. When I arrived, I was perfectly whelmed by new friends asking me lots of questions and eager to get to know me. Every single person I talked to (and I talked to every single person) was pleasantly nice, including, loving, and excited to be my friend. They all remembered my name and wanted me to feel a part of the ward (which I did! In every sense of the word). We went floating down the Boise river and had smores at the park afterwards. I was invited back to a new friend's house to hang out and watch a movie. The most fun I've ever had as my first night in a new town. I was out that night till 2 AM and loved every minute. What was that I said about not having friends? I can't recall....
All the rest of last week was equally as glorious:
dates - out to breakfast - a dance - institute - late nights at ihop - never in before 2 AM - pool party - lunch with friends - the zoo - playing with family - staying up talking with friends.
My landlady even commented how I'm gone all day and only stop in for 5 minutes at a time before I'm off with someone else."I thought you didn't know anyone? How does someone make friends that fast..." And right when a friend came over for a bike ride, my landlady drove past in the parking lot, smiled and said, "Stop pretending to have so many friends!"
Did I mention I'm so glad I moved to Boise and how much I love it here? Because I am and I do.
No comments:
Post a Comment