Sunday

#134 - sneaking around cyberspace

When I first moved into my studio, I tried to get online, only to find that everyone in my building locked their wireless. For the first few days in Boise, I would ride my bike downtown and use the Internet in a wireless cafe. After the purchase of a smoothie and a banana, I would surf for about an hour, then start being physically productive. One morning though, I woke to find that one person in my building forgot to lock their wireless Internet. I mooched off that for about a week. It was glorious! I could wake up and check my mail, apply for jobs, and search for new music. I was hoping and hoping he wouldn't remember and block me out. Probably a new move in who just set it up...

Next thing I knew... the door was closed. I hit my old Internet cafe again, and actually found a couple other places where I wouldn't have to pay for food first. It wasn't so bad, I didn't miss the luxury too much. When ever I knew I would be driving around a lot, I would take my laptop and have it open in the passenger seat with the wireless scan open. If I glanced over and saw an unlocked network, I would pull over momentarily and check my mail, etc. I was diving around one particular time last Monday. I stopped in a neighborhood and saw an unlocked network titled "GET YOU'RE OWN!"... this guilted me into not using their wireless, but the feeling quickly dissipated when I found another unlocked network in the next neighborhood titled "Jon and Lisa's". They were nice and shared with me.

I recently went home to visit for the weekend and after I came home, what do we find? Hello friends. I'm in my pajamas. It's 10:00 at night. I'm listening to music. I'm tired. I'm home. And I'm ONLINE! Thank you new forgetter... thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails