I suppose I'm one of those people... I'm into bands that most people haven't heard of. I can listen to music for hours, staring into space and living the lyrics in my imagination. The enveloping daze of a broken heart consumes me into unseen depths. The utter bliss of the idea of a new love fills my mind with day dreams and turns my life into a musical. The melancholy ecstasy of an indie film grabs my attention and emotion. I eat hummus and pesto and like it. I pretend to enjoy drinking tea, which, by my combination, ends up being lemon-flavored-honey-water. And I can make fun of myself for it =)I indulged this evening and went to see 500 Days of Summer for the second time. The first time, I went with a few friends who didn't care for the film and I was more consumed with appeasing them than developing an opinion of the movie. I had been looking forward to this movie for months was wasn't satisfied with my experience. I decided tonight to see it again, but this time, alone. And you know what? I really loved it! I loved Tom's heights and depths. It reminded me so much of myself and my own relationships. I loved Summer's honesty and independence. I related a lot to both of the main characters. I often put my life into movies and lyrics... romanticize my day-to-day.
I am looking forward to the Sundance Film Festival in Park City. I hope I can actually make it... financially. Currently there are quite a few interestings:
Cold Souls
Adam
Paper Hearts
The Informant
Love the tie-in of the title.
ReplyDelete