Tuesday

#168 - carousel of confusion

Boise Bike Week kicked off last Sunday with a vintage bike swap. Seeing all those bicycles made me want to buy a cruiser and maybe another street bike. If only I had the space... my loft's capacity is basically maxed out. There was a Mardi Gras Twilight Race last night that weaved through downtown and circled the belt loop (people mistakingly think it's called the "green belt" ba!). To have my bicycle in top shape for the race, I decided to ride it over to the bike shop where I purchased it for a tune up. I remembered it being about 5 minutes away by car, and thus, very feasible to cycle there. I headed out on one of the more busy roads (State Street) which luckily had a bike path. I was well equipped with my ipod and water bottle so time passed relatively quickly. About 40 minutes later, biking pretty hard, the "I remember this being a lot closer" thought popped into mind. I kept trekking on, thinking it would surely be at the next group of businesses, to no avail. I finally texted google only to discover, it was on Fairview. Another busy road very far away from my own current path. I turned around and headed back, this time faster to make up lost time before it closed. I biked up a ridiculously huge hill and finally, an hour and a half after leaving my house, arrived at the bicycle shop that's a 5 minute drive from my loft. Two hours later, I was back home and too exhausted to do the Twilight Race... My 'oops' bike ride was enough for me.

(from D - B on accident, from B - C where I wanted to be, from C - D which would have been easier to go in the first place...)


1 comment:

  1. man-that was a long bike ride, but a good workout. sometimes when we set out to do one thing, we end up doing another--good or bad.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails