Wednesday

#62 - da sniffles

Today I am sick. Yesterday I was sick. Tomorrow I will be sick. Blah.

It's just one of those things where you feel like strong little men are pushing pushing pushing on your temples; trying to break through. Your nose and ears are like little volcanos, filled with pressure, ready to explode. Your throat feels like it's being punished for talking to much by scratching you all over. I bought some medicine yesterday hoping to relieve some of these ailments... one should never buy medicine when one is sick. Have it already in your house so you can just use it when you are. The former requires going out into public when you are in sweat pants, hair crazy and red nosed only to come to the isle that is filled with medicine, all claiming to do the same things! Too many choices! Don't they know we are sick and just want a big red neon arrow pointing down to the right medicine that I need? Groggily, I accidently purchased allergy medicine (which I downed anyway, because it's so dang expensive. Waste not), and some curious pills. What I really desire above all else is adult Dimetapp. When I was little I used to read off the symptoms it cures and tell my mom I was suffering from just that. She then would prescribe Dimetapp. Joy! It tastes so good and made my body happy. I search for an adult version but am only faced with "children's" labels. Why do they luck out, and I'm left with horse sized pills to down? Defiantly not fair.

I found a box of old medicine I've had for a while in my cupboard, mostly without labels and direction. I figure, I've only really ever been sick with this same kind of thing, so I'm sure I bought this medicine sometime to help with these same symptoms. I took 4 blue jelly ones and they are making me sleepy, so I'm crossing my fingers for nyquil. Everyone has been so nice though! Calls from friends with lovey things to say and offers to bring me medicine, soup, etc. It's all very wonderful! (Except for one friend who said I sounded like Pinocchio and wouldn't stop laughing at me. Rude).

1 comment:

  1. You need your MOTHER! I wish I could hop on a plane and be there! Sending positive vibes your way instead.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails