If anything was ever "blog-worthy" this, my friends, is it. For the past couple weeks or so my diet has consisted of pancakes, waffles (from my bisquick mix) and oatmeal. Funds are extremely low and the food previously purchased has been slowly disappearing. One night, while preparing my oatmeal dinner, I called my dad to chat and he started describing the meal they had just finished, "Fillet minion, roasted potatoes, peas and corn, three choices of deserts"... With only four more weeks of school, I figured I could get by with what I had, but times were getting desperate. GLORIOUS! I got a package today from my wonderful parents filled with snacks, salmon, couscous and other little presents. Closely followed was a present in my bank account which I took immediately to the grocery store. I stocked up and now won't have to go shopping again until I get into my new apartment in the summer.
So, to review: Yay for Moms and Dads! Yay for going home soon! Yay for food! My first meal post shopping was a bowl of chicken noodle soup and a big sandwich (toasted wheat bread, mayo/mustard, cheese, turkey, lettuce). Delicious!
aren't parents great, just about as great as new food?
ReplyDeleteaww...it's great to be appreciated!
ReplyDelete