Monday
#56 - sweet tunes
Give me a minute; I have to gloat. So we all are now keen on the fact that I work a lot and thus, that I am bored a lot. One of my pleasures is the music at the gym: music purchases can be requested but it all goes through a rigorous "BYU-Idaho scanning process", filtering out profanities, hints of innuendoes or suggestive topics. From this narrow (roughly 1300 songs) selection I have gleaned out my own personal playlist (58 songs). I play it every time I work, which isn't a big deal because that comes to about 3 1/2 hours of music; that way one exerciser doesn't hear the same song. In the selection process, I wasn't really thinking "what would be good to work-out to?" or "what would people want to hear?" It was much simpler than that: "do I like it, yes or no." If the gym people don't like it, they have their iPods... I want to just entertain myself here. Now the glorious part: practically every time I work, someone comes up to me and asks me if I picked the music. A little nervous, thinking they are going to complain, I respond, "Yes, it's mine." And every time, the compliments are plentiful: I love these songs! When do you work? Can you always play this playlist? This music is way better then the stuff they play usually! You have great taste in music! All these songs are so great!
To which I respond, "ah yea, that's right"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment