I love my daddy more and more and more every day! He shows such interest in my life and is always there to listen if I need him and offers loving advice.
Oldest favorite memory:

While in Texas, our monthly 'daddy-daughter date' to Dairy Queen for ice creams and playing on the playground. I remember feeling so special and loved. I felt like I had the greatest dad in the world. One who would spend time playing and loving his little girl.
Favorite middle memory:
I remember one night, when I was about 5 or 6. I couldn't sleep and snuck into my parents' room right next door to see if they were sleeping. Maybe mom would sing me another song or let me sleep in their bed. I crept in and saw mom laying in bed while dad was sitting at his desk next to her, working late into the night. I asked why he was still awake and mom said that he was working hard for his job. She took me back to bed, but as I walked away I stared at him, looking so tired, but typing away. I remember thinking what a hard worker he was and how he was doing it all for us. I laid in bed trying to think of ways I could show him how grateful I was for him taking care of our family. I didn't want to tell him I saw him working because I thought it was a secret; like he didn't want us to know so we wouldn't feel bad.
Another favorite middle memory:
Every saturday, while I was in elementary school, my dad and I would either walk or take our bikes up the road to the junior high - high school. He would play tennis with me, teaching me everything he knew and helping me practice. Engrained in my mind are the words, "close your racket" and "follow through". He was always so patient with me and would just throw tennis ball after tennis ball over the net, giving me chance after chance with encouraging words. He was so good at taking time out of his day to make me feel special.
Most recent favorite memory:
I was home on break and dad took the day off of work to spend with me. We drove down to Portland for the day just to tour around and spend time together. We talked the whole way down and had a perfect day - - going out to a fancy restaurant, getting lost, visiting museums and window shopping. I love when I get my dad all to myself and get to make my own memories.

To the best daddy in the world! We love you a lot a lot!
Love,
Girly-man
To my perfect daughter: Your memories are much too kind in describing me. Thanks for writing this blog. I always enjoy spending time with you. You are very interesting and always fun to be with. I remember once we had words and you were so apologetic wanting me to give you another chance. You wrote a note to me, which was very humbling to me. I was the one who should have been first to ask you for forgiveness for my actions instead of the other way around. You are and have always been an example to me. I am very proud of what you have accomplished in your life, of your many talents, and most of all, for the young woman you have become. I love you very much, Dad
ReplyDelete