Wednesday
#102 - moist and brown
We have been dumped on by the rain for a few weeks now and my schedule has been such that I have been able to avoid getting wet. I'm either at home watching from the coziness of my couch, in class listening to it pounding on the roof, or at work watching soaked exercise enthusiasts persisting through. While I'm walking to and from, the rain takes a break, and usually as soon as I'm safe inside, it hits again. This courtesy has been noticed and much appreciated, until today. There was no escaping the walk across campus to my home, and then a bike ride quickly to work. Being wet isn't so bad (being in the rain is wonderful when you don't have an 11 hour shift that follows), the only problem for me was I was speeding on my bike to get to work on time, causing a sundry of mud speckles to line my back and butt (because I was foolishly standing up while I rode to avoid the water from the wet seat to seep into my pants). So now I'm here, at work, with a large brown streak up the middle of my behind. Right now I am far too envious of those who invest in the bicycle splash guard.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment