Thursday

#94 - dedicated to the brain-eaters

A few months ago, I was perusing Barnes and Noble... something I often do while pinning away for books I can't afford. I was with a friend who headed straight for the comic book section. While we were there, he came across a comic book (sort of like the Avengers) where all our noble superheros are fighting alongside one another. What made this version different, however, is whenever one of the heroes would kill a bad guy, he would then proceed to EAT HIM! Yes, that's right, zombie superheros. The caption for the book is, "An alien virus has mutated all of the world’s greatest super heroes into flesh-eating monsters!" The pictures were super gross and I was very sad to read about what these 'good guys' were doing.


OH BUT WAIT! It gets better. I was looking on Amazon for a book and came across this:





"It is a truth universally acknowledged that a zombie in possession of brains must be in want of more brains." So begins Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, an expanded edition of the beloved Jane Austen novel featuring all-new scenes of bone-crunching zombie mayhem. As our story opens, a mysterious plague has fallen upon the quiet English village of Meryton—and the dead are returning to life! Feisty heroine Elizabeth Bennett is determined to wipe out the zombie menace, but she's soon distracted by the arrival of the haughty and arrogant Mr. Darcy.

I think what I like best is how, despite this ridiculous crisis, she is still distracted and swooney over Mr. Darcy. We women are so silly... FOCUS! There are zombies that need slaying!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails