Wednesday

#69 - couch accomplishments

I did it. It is done. One more semester under my belt and only one more to go. It's a good feeling to know that I did all I could and I can't do anything about anything now. In about a week I'll know my grades and can take the thrashing then. But until that time though, I am carefree! Just packing and moving stresses now (secretly, I love it - - cleaning, getting organized, throwing away things I don't need). In a few months I'll be living in an apartment in some sweet downtown that comes, unfortunately, unfurnished. I took inventory yesterday to see what kind of "furniture" I actually own. That would be a bookshelf. I can use the inside to put things in, the top to eat off of, and the back to lean against. There you go: a desk, cabinet, dining room table and chair all in one. Who could ask for more? I define actual adulthood to be when you own a bed frame. Not just the mattress mind you. Anyone can own a mattress, but it is not until you are frame-equipped that you have actually crossed the line and became an adult. A bed frame and a couch (not just one of those inflatable ones, or ones that belong on a deck; but a real life couch.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails