One very magical childhood movie of mine is The Red Balloon. It's about a little boy who has a red balloon that follows him around. The balloon protects the little boy, defends him, and befriends him. It's a beautiful movie and got me thinking (about regular balloons mostly, not the sensitive kind). I wonder how many helium balloons it would take to lift me up, into the air?? Whenever I see a balloon escape from someone's hands, it's almost impossible to look away. You have to stop what you are doing and follow it drifting into the sky. I always wonder what happens to those freeones. Do they just give up and then fall from the sky? Somewhere in the world, did a random deflated balloon just hit someone in the head, appearing to come from nowhere? I hope that happens to me one day. I guess my dream of floating away on balloons is a watered down version of my goal to fly in a hot air balloon. Having nothing keeping you in but a little basket and seeing everything without the obstruction of metal and windows. I think the experience would be glorious! <this post is dedicated to the Detectivegreenballoonsoontoblerone>
Awww. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteBTW, what a fabulous picture!
ReplyDelete