Friday

#55 - beard power



I saw this music video a while ago that I fell in love with and it got me thinking... beards. BYU-Idaho has very particular rules about facial hair (on guys... that shouldn't be debatable): "Hairstyles should be clean and neat, avoiding extreme styles or colors, and trimmed above the collar leaving the ear uncovered. Sideburns should not be extended below the earlobe or onto the cheek. If worn, mustaches should be neatly trimmed and may not extend beyond or below the corners of the mouth. Men are expected to be clean shaven; beards are not acceptable." This makes me sadish. I love the clean look on a guy, don't get me wrong. Especially when out doing something fancy or a special occasion. But I do love facial hair on a man. First, for that reason, it's very "manly". Depending on where it is on the scruff-beard scale, it could be ruggedly handsome or a mysterious mountain man (I'm more of a fan of just a little scruff). I'm a little beard jealous sometimes - they can do so many fun, different things! And I bet it keeps their faces toasty warm. I like the fun different beard things, but for a limited time only. And when I say "limited time" I mean, just doing it to be funny (maybe for one day) and then shave it off. I thought of what kind of facial hair I like after watching this music video because I thought that he really pulled it off! The only downside is this attraction to facial hair is a bit self destructive: attractive and manly from a distance - ouchy, scratchy, and hurts my face. Look at me, sacrificing for the greater good.

(I gotta say, not a fan of any of those man-beard blog pictures... but thought they were fun for a limited time only)

1 comment:

  1. so I awoke this morning to the whir of military helicopters flying around campus and thought to myself, "what if there was a secret polygamist faction and the FBI is busting them and the Honor Code is really a farce, something to cover up the faction?" Well, I guess if that were the case, we could start growing beards and you could live in "manly" heaven.

    ...but the school would probably get shut down too. I guess that is the drawback.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails