Friday
#49 - the feat of deceit
At the fitness center, we ask that everyone check-in on the computers at the front desk. It's located right as you walk in and next to all the work-out equipment. All that is involved in checking in is typing your 8 digit i-number or your user name (vpark). It takes about 3 seconds, still people walk by and don't check in. Really, I don't care too much. If they see all the signs and they disregard it, they obviously have some deep rooted animosity towards checking-in or computers in general. I'm not going to push it. BUT there's this guy... he comes up to the front desk, types a few things in on the keyboard (presumably his user name) and leaves to go work out. I remember him because his user name was unusually short. He types it in so fast! While I was working I was sitting on the desk folding towels and from up there I have a view of the computer screen. He came up, typed in his "user name" and left. The screen stays up for a few seconds after someone checks in so I took a peek. He just hits any key on the keyboard and hits enter! It says "you have not successfully checked in" error. It's all just for show! Really?? You're trying to trick me? I know what's up.... my question is, why come all the way over, type something in on the keyboard, take the time and the energy just to go through the motions. It would take the exact same amount of time to actually check in! I think this man is very curious. Next time I see him fake-check-in, I'm going to confront him and make him really check-in; hopefully it will be awkward. Like I said, normally I don't care, but if he's going over the top to be tricky, I'm going to go over the top to show I'm not tricked. It is so on fake checker inner guy. It is so on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You are hilarious! Go get 'im!
ReplyDelete