Thursday

#48 - the duality of the cookie

Servings at Chinese restaurants are extraordinarily large, but when you haven't eaten anything all day and it's dinner time, it's a manageable amount. I had Chinese take-out for dinner today and they gave me two fortune cookies. When I order food, I don't want someone to tell me, "Wow! Is all that food for you?! That's enough for two whole people to eat!" But that is the very thing those two cookies were saying. I'd like to think they were innocent enough to be the whispering kind of cookies; the ones that say, "you are special, so here! There are two of us just for you". However, these cookies were not. Because of the derogatorily judgemental attitude possessed by my cookies, I left a few bites in the take-out boxes to save for another meal another day.

(watch from 5:30 to 6:30... I couldn't figure out how to clip the clip)


3 comments:

  1. The two cookies were for me and Taron. The lady thought I was buying to food for us. So go a head and finish your food! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't get it ---the link brought me to "Two Weeks Notice" clip...

    ReplyDelete
  3. yea, you're supposed to watch from 5 minutes and 30 seconds into it to 6 minutes and 30 seconds. silly mama

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails