Tuesday

#52 - odds fish my dear

Throughout my travels thus far in life, meeting new people and living in differnt areas, I have discovered a few phrases and words that I am growing attached to. They are not used nearly enough and I think I need to aid in the movement to change that fact. Hither and yon for instance. How can you go wrong with a sentance like, "The ellusive tattered man looked hither and yon to discover the origins of the sweet candy scent wafting through the air."






A few others... pure gold:
Grandiose
Splendor
Methinks
Disquieting
Largesse
Alturistic
Grand



Those are just the ones currenly at the top of my head. Maybe it's phrasings like these that draw me to movies like 'The Scarlet Pimpernel' and those period movies by Jane Austen like 'Pride and Prejudice'. When I can slip a 'thence' or 'tiresome' into normal conversation, I even feel fancier - and what girl doesn't want to feel fancy whenever she can?

1 comment:

  1. If I, peradventure, tell you that the use of a rather large lexicon (or diction, which ever word you prefer) not only makes one feel fancy, but it makes those who enjoy the use thereof feel at ease, would it find favor? I love it

    excellent choice of "pure gold" words, by the way. And you're right, what girl doesn't want to feel fancy?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails