It's surprising how influential this movie was on me. "He's just not that into you" is brutally honest and I think they are right on. To make ourselves feel better, women come up with every excuse possible. "He probably hasn't called because he's at the gym" or "maybe he's taking a nap" or "maybe his phone died and he doesn't remember my number" or "maybe he wants to but is just nervous" are just the one's I've used. Face the facts... he's just not that into you. My favorite is the break up excuses: "You're perfect for me, I'm just not good enough for you." or "You didn't do anything wrong, I just am not ready to be committed to anyone right now, but I really really like you." If a guy really likes you, he'll make the effort and you'll know. Every other excuse is a cop-out. My cousin wrote an article for the church that I really liked that explains this a lot better than I can, but this is me agreeing. Sadly, I don't think that knowing all of this will change my behavior instantly. I am aware of what's going on now at least, but that won't stop me from being a girlie girl. Maybe eventually it will seep into me, consume me, become me.
Also, today I seem to be a cat with my whiskers cut off. I ran my hand into the kitchen counter twice and into a desk once. I cut the corner too close once today leaving my room and then again walking into class. I tripped over myself walking through Walmart and tripped over someone's bag going to sit at my desk in class. Where is my body and what is it doing? So, today I'm a little off, but hopefully that box of clearance Valentine's chocolates I just bought myself will help me get my sync back.


It may only be therapeutic for you, but I think you should consider a career as a writer. This is terrific!
ReplyDeleteI think it was not just your whiskers...I think it had something to do with the tides and the moon or something...today I dropped 25 things, 20 of them right in a row (I literally looked like the little girl on America's Funniest Home Videos who had a cup full of ice and leaned over to pick one piece up off the ground and then dropped two more in the process by tipping over the cup. She then proceeded to pick those up, thus dropping 2 more... and continued to do so for 5 minutes, oblivious to her folly. The remaining 5 items were large things made of glass or full of food that then lost their contents all over the floor, wall and elsewhere. I have come to the conclusion that those types of days are Heaven's way of putting the Three Stuges on every once and a while. Rachel
ReplyDelete