I thought I would pass along something that I learned today about scoliosis. Parents have a responsibility to check their children for early signs of the disorder. If you just rely upon the yearly checks in schools, you could easily miss it, or catch it too late and then have permanent damage done. There are easy things you can do and should do about once a month to make sure your children are healthy. Something that I am going to do in my family is have healthy body checks for FHE and this will be part of it. Have you child bend over (in half at the waist) and check for "razor back" which is a first indicator that your child has scoliosis. There is no absolute cure, but if you catch it early enough, you can, through physical therapy and bracing, stop the damage where it is and maybe even help correct it. I think it's a good idea if we do everything we can to watch and make sure our kids are happy and healthy and growing properly!

No comments:
Post a Comment