Monday

#10 - dopplegaenger

Every monday, Tessa and I have our usual routine consisting of crocheting together while we watch Arrested Development episodes for about an hour and a half, then heading over to the school for Music Outlet. Music Outlet is a place where students who feel like they are musically gifted play (usually a song they wrote) for their peers. About 10% of the performers are very talented and should make a CD or something. They do an excellent job and are very creative. However, on the all too common occasion that someone that doesn't fit that description gets up, they have opened themselves up to criticism. They must think that they are really good, good enough to get up in front of a large crowd and belt it out. Either that or their friends lure them into a false sense of security, despite their own protests. Tessa and I usually sit together and make constant comments about either their voice, lyrics, or playing ability. I mean, sometimes it is completely just. Some people just majority need to practice before they come. Or at least play the song through once... I mean, come on. We very rarely suffer through in silence, and tonight was no exception. There was one guy in particular who thought he was just too cool and we just couldn't take it. If you saw us, we portray an uncanny resemblance to those two grumpy old men hecklers on Sesame Street (Statler and Waldorf). It made me laugh, and I should feel bad (I mean, who am I to talk), but they are basically asking for it when they get up there to perform. Alright, I'm mean, but at least I'm aware of it... right? And really, this is the only time that I allow my critical and unreasonably judgemental comments get the better of me.

1 comment:

  1. Are you like judges on American Idol? There are at least 3 types of people in the world: those who get it, those who don't get it, and those who don't get it and think they do. Looks like you are seeing the third type a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails