Tuesday

#11 - stigmas

Tonight is my Relief Society Enrichment and we are having cultural foods night; each apartment bringing a different main dish from an assigned country. I volunteered for our apartment to bring Indian food. I think that Indian food scares people and that even if they haven't tried it before, they think it's gross or will make them sick. MMMM! Curry is SO good and our apartment is going to make it for everyone and everyone will love it!

Foods not to be afraid of: Curry, Sushi, Spinach, Egg Nog
Foods to fear: Cherries, Kraut, Brains (way too high in cholesterol!)

3 comments:

  1. I beg to differ on the kraut. Have you never had a grilled Reuben sandwich?? Or sauerkraut plan on a hotdog? Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't listen to mom, I can actually visualize her in taking about 10 disgusting things at this very moment, and those are the ones right off the top of my head...namely Thieves (the name, let alone the smell, should tell you not to allow it to enter your body). My husband will agree with me on the thieves, but mom on the kraut, however. But then again...he has a tenancy to eat the forbidden poisons of life as well, namely saracha sauce, mushrooms, peppercinis, and relish. Sometimes I think relish and kraut should get married and move to a far away deserted island to bear stinky children where no one can smell or taste them. -Rach

    ReplyDelete
  3. ew yea, mushrooms. I think that should also be a general rule of thumb. don't eat fungus.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails