Sunday

#8 - an emotionally charged issue

Thursday, 11/ 6, the LDS L.A. Temple closed due to hundreds protesting the vote on prop 8. The church has issued a statement asking for a spirit of mutual respect and civility and remains firm in its stand to defend the sacred and divine institution of marriage. By supporting Prop 8, the LDS church members aren't showing their intolerance for homosexuals, just standing up to maintain their their beliefs. I am sad to see that it has gotten so bad as to cause the L.A. Temple to close and make the members of the church in California fear for their safety. It is scary, but I know that it is only going to get worse as the amendment now will surely be sued and taken to the National Supreme Court. Saints around the world are going to be persecuted for their stand in this matter and I feel that this is the issue that will draw the line in the church members.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails