It's a camera:
For a while, before I upgraded to a camera that you can hold, I used my mac as my camera. Making friends sit in front of my computer for photo shoots and occasionally, having to actually pick up my computer and point it at different things to take a crucial picture. It was like having a really really really large, awkward to carry around open - photo ready - camera. It did the job, though, and gave me the quality and the here-and-now that I needed.
It's an ipod:
Unfortunately, under the current storage limits of my actual ipod, I have to pick and choose what music makes it and which have to wait for the next cycle. It is more often than not an impossible decision. My indecision usually leaves me music-less and sad, but the ability to have a computer that can hold all my 40+ gigs of music keeps me satisfied. 90% of the time I am home, my laptop is cycling through my playlists - - providing me with the much needed soundtrack to my life. Speakers do the job, plus some at filling my life with happy. If only there was a way to carry it around in my backpack and have my music still play. Like a really really really large awkward to carry around ipod.
It's a computer:
Self explanatory. Although I am surprisingly lacking on storage.
I am giving gratitude for the the joy I experience because I had two friends tell me devastating stories yesterday about their stolen macs. One friend was studying in the library for about an hour. He got up to go to the bathroom and when he came back, his mac was gone -- chord still in the wall. Horrible! My other friend left his in the library for a little longer than that, but same result. Stolen. So thank you for being with me still, Mac. And thank you evil ones, for not stealing mine. And to all those who do not share my same fortune... I am desperately, wholly, and fully sorry.

No comments:
Post a Comment