Wednesday

#122 - cartoon classics

I've been overwhelmingly disappointed as I have seen where Disney Channel and cartoons have gone. 99.99% of everything in those categories is now ridiculous, over-the-top, garbage with horrible acting. Growing up, I mainly stuck to: Smurfs, Captain Planet, Wishbone, Magic School Bus, Ninja Turtles, Reading Rainbow, Mr. Rogers and Tiny Toons. It's decided that any cartoons my children do watch, won't be on TV - they will be the "classic" cartoons found in my dvd collection. I'll probably throw in some Carebears or Gummybears too.

I LIKE IT...









I began thinking about this because this morning in my Microbiology class, we were discussing water treatment and purification processes. We walked through detailed descriptions of filtration systems and chemical additives to destroy harmful microbiotia. I understood the material easier than some other topics discussed because I remembered vividly an episode of the Magic School Bus I had seen as a child. Those educational programs really stay with you and I have to say, could be one of the first blocks in building an educated mind. School House Rock and other programming like that, I think, are completely beneficial and worth watching. This "Cheetah-Girls" nonsense needs to be swiftly and permanently eradicated.

Along with horrid new shows, the old happy shows have been transformed into creepy 3D animation. Sami and I had a planned relaxed Saturday morning a few weeks ago. We lazily woke up, sauntered into the living room where we had breakfast and watched morning cartoons. We saw on TV guide: Mickey Mouse's Playhouse, and expected our memories of Mickey Mouse cartoons to be before us. Instead, it was this bizarre new animation... very disconcerting and unwanted. We watched briefly to see if it would magically change back. When it didn't - we resorted to playing old school Mario World on her Nintendo.

IT'S WEIRD NOW...








It's like, the cool thing now is to make cartoon characters luminescent and bubbly...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails