Thursday

#119 - a sum of felts

Last week I watched the "Where the Wild Things Are" trailer, as well as the "500 days of Summer" trailer and loved all the music in them. Then I realized that I already had all those songs. I felt like the music champion.

This morning the gym was closed down because of a gas leak. I was still asked to come to work and walked right past the door guards into the building because I was wearing my staff shirt and said "Leon told me to come in". I felt like Secret Service.

When I was doing laundry, I walked into the laundry room down the hall to get the towels at the exact same time the buzzer went off. I felt like a super natural force drew me to the room at the precise time.

Today I sat in the hall next to the testing center. I was near six other students with pages of notes being feverishly studied, puzzled yet focused looks, and open text books. They looked so smart, prepping for tests. I was on my own bench, laptop in front of me, open microbiology text book on the bench next to me, ear phones in, glasses on, and hair in a frazzled pony tail. I looked just like them... but I was listening to the Smiths and reading blog updates. I felt devious.

While on campus doing homework, my laptop only had a few more minutes of battery life. Instead of closing my computer and charging it, I decided to speed walk home with it open in front of me and beat the battery-life countdown. I won, and my laptop knew it.

When I was walking home with my mac open in front of me, I took a picture of myself looking off into the distance, as if I didn't know it was taking a picture of me, right when a gust of wind blew. I felt like a glamorous movie star.

This afternoon I made a movie for my health methods class. I compiled the movie score and decided that I should be professionally recruited to find songs for movie soundtracks. I felt like an undiscovered talent.

Tonight I got a call from a co-worker, asking if I could cover her last few hours because she wasn't feeling well. I zoomed over to relieve her and felt like a super hero.

While at work, I discovered a new blog to add to my list and found it entirely too hilarious. After every post I would laugh out loud to my self. I looked around at the people exercising, and felt like I knew a special secret they would never know.

Tonight I enthusiastically nodded at the Body-nodder (the man who always comes to the gym and nods hello to me with the help of his entire body and a goofy grin). He calmly nodded back normally, which he has never done before. I felt like I beat him. He made up for it 30 minutes later with the body-nod. I found out I missed it.


1 comment:

  1. You are so super-cool! When I read this, I felt like I wanted to be you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails