Sunday

#127 - keep on keepin' on

Last Friday morning was officially my last day as a student and a resident of Rexburg. I left my binders behind and took off for Boise.

Graduation was a blast! My friends and family came, supporting me and taking loads of pictures so I could remember forever the day I officially am allowed to sign my name: Vanessa Park, B.S. (do people do that?). I attended an alumni dinner where I stood and was welcomed to the society that is badgered for money. Off to Commencement where I felt the camaraderie of hundreds of other graduates that are a little freaked out about their future plans. One more stop, at Convocation where I received an empty diploma case... they're double checking that I passed all my classes this last semester. It was loads of fun, as I'm sure you can tell from the pictures.

Loading up the car was a feat in itself, even with two cars - it looked nearly impossible. Snugly, we drove the 4 and a half hours and filled my tiny new apartment with bits of me to make it feel more... mine. Besides holding back tears when we first started moving in, I felt pretty good. I'm just not at all ready to live alone, be an adult, and be independent. I still want the love and company of friends and family, but sadly... they will all be gone tomorrow morning. Then the real adventure begins. Still searching for a job, but I feel good about the life I've imagined for myself here. Wish me luck and please send me adult thoughts and vibes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails