Sunday

#117 - INDEPENDENCE


Ever since I was able to walk, I've been walking with my eye on a boy. I always preferred their company to that of females and tend to just get along with them better. The longest I've gone without a crush was probably 3 months once in my entire life. Other than that, there's always been someone, seriously since age 3 (possibly 2). Besides crushing on a boy, I've always surrounded myself with friends that are guys. During my time in New York, there were three in particular: Tom, Viktor and Trevor. Those boys, combined with my 2 best girl friends = the greatest time imagined. I've remained friends with them all through moves and missions and yesterday, I celebrated INDEPENDENCE with Tom (going on 12 years of being friends). I felt just like that girl from "Keeping the Faith", bouncing around Idaho Falls and Rexburg with my two boys, Tom and Nate. Arm-in-arm and hand-in-hand the whole day, we went to a concert, played in a splash park, hung out, and watched fireworks. Yes for freedom, yes for America, yes for being 21 in college in America, and yes for friends.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your old school pictures. It brought back some wonderful memories. I'm jealous you spent such a fun day with Tom

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails