Now that you are up-to-date, here is my story. I recently joined a new website called goodreads. It's an intellectual faceboook of sorts where people get together and share what books they have read and give their reviews and recommendations. Aka: the bookbook. All the people I am friends with have normal amounts of human friends. BUT today this guy added me to be his friend and I had no idea who he was! He told me how he wanted to share books with me and that I should add him. I looked at his profile and this guy has over 3,000 friends. The friend mongers on the bookbook are seeking me out already! Needless to say, I clicked the ignore button.
Wednesday
#85 - friend mongers
I don't have facebook, but when I first did, I would add everyone who wanted to be my 'friend'. Acquaintances, people I saw in my classes, friends of friends who added me (or something ridiculous like that). But I didn't add everyone. Like those guys who just added me because they just though I was cute and wanted to "get to know me". After I reached some new level of maturity, though, I went through all my face 'friends' and deleted the ones I didn't know, never talked to, or never had any intention of talking to. That narrowed it down quite a bit to just my actual friends. Looking around though, I noticed people just had thousands and thousands of friends. There is no way these people are actually friends with that many people! They are just friend mongers. Trying to show off how popular they are and how many 'friends' they have. I don't like these people.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment