Sunday

#80 - my angel mother

Being away from home has made me more appreciative of my mother. I call her multiple times a day - searching for advise, someone to tell stories to, and to hear about her day. I don't know what I would do with out my mommy. Currently, I border on crazy, but she is always there to snap me back. This year's gift will come, par for the Park family, a few days after Mother's Day, but it got me thinking of past crafty gifts she has received.





One I particularly remember was when I was in the 6th grade. We were working with plaster in my art class and I decided that this would be the perfect surprise for my mommy. Yes, a plaster mold of my hand, shaped like a claw. After the mold hardened, I cleverly thought to paint it green (her favorite color). It wasn't until after she opened the gift that I realized I had just given my mom an unattractive, terrifying, green, scary, claw hand for mother's day.

That might have been the same year that my sister and I woke up extra early in the morning to make her breakfast in bed (like we usually did every year). Wanting to mix things up, instead of tea with honey, eggs and toast... we went with a large cake. Yellow cake, decorated with different colors to look like a painter's pallet. As we started to carry it up the stairs, it came crashing to the floor. After screams and shrieks of utter disappointment, we began work on the second attempt. Again, the thought didn't cross our minds until after the fact, but cake for breakfast probably wasn't the most desired gift.

Through all of our ridiculousness, she loves us just the same! I love my wonderful family and my angel mother!

1 comment:

  1. Mothering is a pleasure with wonderful children like mine! thanks for the memories!--Mom

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails