Saturday

#78 - wind in the wheat

I'm searching for a little 'me'. Something that can begin when I begin a new stage in life. This stage being graduation, moving, working and living. I'm thinking it's either going to be a plant of some sort, filling the home of my dead bamboo tree, or an animal of some kind.

First, the plant. I don't think I want it to be a flower. Don't get me wrong, I love flowers! But I want to have something more substancial, something that won't die so easy, something like a little tree. Or maybe a food of some sort. Also, the challenge here is it has to start when the new phase starts, so I'm on the hunt for a little seed.





Option two, the pet. Obviously this cannot be birthed and begin life when I do, like a plant. It will have to be a little further along than that, but it can start it's new life with me, just the same. I was debating between a dog or a cat. A dog will be more loving and give more back to me, but also takes a lot more work. Walking, washing and the like. A cat would be less maintance and would allow me to go out of town without too much trouble. There is always the option too of a really big fish (extrememly less exciting), a turtle (if its time with me doesn't end tragically like Tardy's did), or maybe a bunny (possibly too much stinkiness and cage cleaning), or a baby chick (what happens when he grows up!?)

The main goal here is to not be so lonely and bored, to take care of something, and to not have my apartment smell like a zoo. If you have ideas or suggestions, please feel free to help me.

2 comments:

  1. I think you should take note of Rachel's comment on your "option two the pet" tag...

    ReplyDelete
  2. A baby bunny! We have the sweetest floppy earred baby bunny we just got from the Belnaps. You can get them the moment they can leave their mother (30 days), and claim it the moment it is birthed all pink and no haired and tiny. They don't smell up your house cause you can keep them outside in a cage (like on a back porch) and we only dump out the cage into a trash bag every 2-3 as a baby and once a week at most when they are big. Then we just hose it down with a hose, no soap. Also they are the best of all worlds, snugglie, soft, petable and lovable, but aren't spiteful like a cat who will scratch or bite to be mean. They don't bark, don't scratch up furniture, don't need to be walked, are cute and sweet, especially the floppy ears, which are really laid back.

    OR get a cool kiwi vine...that is awesome!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails