
This band is seriously climbing the charts on my list. They were phenomenal live! My cousin Annie and I headed to the Nerolux tonight to see
Cut Off Your Hands. Having been only introduced to them recently and loving them; I was pretty stoked. We got there when the "doors opened" at 7:30... nothing nothing... 7:45... there were maybe 5 other people at the bar but no sign of a show. We walked around and got some ice cream while we waited for something to happen. Around 8:00 we headed back and from the street I recognized Cut Off. "Oh no! They've already started!" We rushed inside to still see no more than five people in the venue and to find out they were only doing sound check. 8:30... 9:00. A little after 9, they finally got up and were WELL worth the wait. All their songs were so fun and sounded so good live! The lead singer was extremely entertaining to watch; bouncing all around. The drummer was energetic as well and had some great solos. The guitarist was always on and had good vocals as well. I COULD NOT TAKE MY EYES OFF THE BASS PLAYER. Despite being the cutest thing I have ever seen, he played well (moving all around too), and was a great back-up vocal.
Because there were only a few other people at the concert, we were able to stand alone up close. I was directly below the bass player and we kept locking eyes. You think I'm exaggerating, but he was staring at me! Then he would smile big and adorable-like and I melted every time. I felt twelve years old... a big swoony grin on my face and unable to look away. I've never had anyone in a band look at me so much. It was magical, to say the least. After they played, we went up to him and told them how great they were. He was SO nice! Very appreciative and said how they don't have 'fans' just 'friends' and introduced himself (Philip) and started to get to know us. Most of the time I was just thinking "you look pretty..." "you sound pretty" (they are from New Zeland)... "I like you".... "look at me more". Usually I'm pretty good at talking to boys; I don't get nervous, but I guess when the hot bass player from a sweet band wants to get to know me, I fumble over myself like a swoony little girl. He asked if we were going to stay after the show and said he wanted to buy us a drink. We left just after the show, but not after saying my goodbyes and my, i'll miss you's and his it was wonderful to meet you's. Parting is such sweet sorrow, beautiful-new-zeland-bass-player-phil.
If they are coming to you - go to them!
|
| NEUROLUX W/VIVA VOCE | Boise, Idaho | | THE BADLANDER W/VIVA VOCE | Missoula, Montana | | TURF CLUB W/VIVA VOCE | St Paul, Minnesota | | EMPTY BOTTLE W/VIVA VOCE | Chicago, Illinois | | THE BURLINGTON - DR SNIKKERS + MR PUPPY DJ SET | Chicago, Illinois | | THE SUMMIT W/VIVA VOCE | Columbus, Ohio | | BUG JAR W/VIVA VOCE | Rochester, New York | | GREAT SCOTT W/VIVA VOCE | Allston, Massachusetts | | JOHNNY BRENDA’S W/VIVA VOCE | Philadelphia, Pennsylvania | | MUSIC HALL OF WILLIAMSBURG W/VIVA VOCE | Brooklyn, New York | | IOTA CLUB AND CAFE W/VIVA VOCE | Arlington, Virginia | | MUSICA W/VIVA VOCE | Akron, Ohio | | SOUTHGATE HOUSE W/VIVA VOCE | Newport, Kentucky | | FIREBIRD W/VIVA VOCE | St Louis, Missouri | | RECORD BAR W/VIVA VOCE | Kansas City, Ohio | | THE OPOLIS W/VIVA VOCE | Norman, Oklahoma | | HAILEYS W/VIVA VOCE | Denton, Texas | | THE MOHAWK | Austin, Texas | | PLUSH W/VIVA VOCE | Tucson, Arizona | | RHYTHM ROOM W/VIVA VOCE | Phoenix, Arizona | | THE ECHO W/VIVA VOCE | LA, California | | BOTTOM OF THE HILL W/VIVA VOCE | San Fran, California | | WONDER BALLROOM W/VIVA VOCE | Portland, Oregon | | THE VERA PROJECT | Seattle, Washington | | MEDIA CLUB | Vancouver, British Columbia | | PAWN SHOP | Edmonton, Alberta | | VERNS | Calgary, Alberta | | THE EXCHANGE | Regina, Saskatchewan | | ROYAL ALBERT ARMS HOTEL | Winnipeg, Manitoba |
|
It was super fun! We miss you already. The kids are having Vanessa withdrawls. Talk to you soon.
ReplyDelete