Monday

#76 - don't forget me

There is only one down-side I can see with having Sami as my only roommate... and that is: sometimes, she leaves. Last weekend she went to Utah for a friend's wedding and the repercussions of that didn't hit me till the door closed behind her. No Sami = home alone. This also would be less of a devastation if I had a cell phone that worked. The night before she left (Wednesday night), in mid text, she just died. The screen went wiggi and then black. So now I'm home Thursday, with no place to be exactly and no phone. I don't even know anyone's phone numbers -- that dang crutch. Who has address books anymore?? A few other friends (the drop-in-on kind) were out of town too so options were slim. After I stood still, pondering my current predicament for a few seconds I read (which was great! I never get around to reading just for fun), took a nap, ate, watched a movie and had just "me time". It was pretty nice... for a few hours. Thankfully, after my mom informed one of my best friends that I was alone, he took me out and entertained me till midnight.

Sleep? Alone? In the dark? Without a phone? You kidding me? I'm not an alone kind of girl, obviously. It took a repeating "Sleepy Playlist" to finally drift me off at 3 in the morning. Only to then wake up paranoid at 6, fearful I would sleep though class with out my cellphone alarm clock.

Friday was a little better. At least I was prepared, but that didn't mean I could go without a light on, checking all the windows and door at least twice (plus setting up obstacles in front of the window that doesn't lock), and music playing; Annuals singing me to sleep. Saturday day was spend out and about the whole day and night was spent sleeping at a friend's house (I was not about to do that whole terrified thing again). I am alive and now better prepared for solitary living after graduation. And hopefully, my phone never fails me again when I need it most.

**and for those who follow the hyperlink - my playlist obsession now brings me to a grand total of 106 playlists.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails