Thursday

#86 - FWD:

My eyes always go straight for that tiny postage stamp on the left of my computer. A little red circle appears in the corner with a number when I have new emails. It's always so exciting to hear the little 'ding' when a newcomer arrives. It's fun to know people are thinking of me or want to talk to me. Disappointment crashes on my head though, when the big reveal brings the letters: FWD: I used to get a ton of forwards when I would give my email out like free samples at Costco. People I didn't know very well would have my email address and so that was the only thing they would ever find to send me. I have since created a 'public email' given to businesses and such, a 'personal email' given to friends and family, and a 'private email' which I am saving for a special occasion. Last time I had a private email, only one person had it and it was his special account. So the amount of forwards have really been cut down. I received one today though, which spurred this monologue. I like getting fun cute things, but what I do sometimes is just take the parts I like and put them in a new, personalized email; I think it's happier that way. And remember, only YOU can prevent forwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails