(Okay, so maybe the second half of that seminar title isn't completely accurate, but the first half was real and the second part is right along those lines...)
Tuesday
#77 - an inspiration to us all
Right now I am in 'find-a-job-and-an-apartment-for-after-graduation' mode. It's an exciting mode to be in, especially the apartment part. I'm trying to find something I can afford (so, super cheap) but not creepy and gross. Getting a studio apartment seems very romantic and glamerous so I'm leaning more towards that. The job hunt is a little more nerve-racking but I have lots of support and networking helpers. I'm not nervous; I know I'll be taken care of. I was talking to one of my co-workers at the gym today though, telling her of my post-graduation plans. I told her that I am going to graduate from BYU-Idaho unmarried (how un-mormon of me!) and get my own place in the "real world". She told me how refreshing that was to hear and how I inspired her to get excited about her real-life (single) plans. In no way am I anti-marriage; just seminars here like: "Graduating and Still Single? Find Out What's Wrong With You." make me sad for those poor girls, thinking life is over if they have to be adults by themselves. Cheer up little ones! Be happy! You'll be okay - - you've just been programmed to think otherwise.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

dang girl, what's wrong with you? Not married and graduating -- there is a little seminar I think you should visit, haha.
ReplyDeleteway to go, beat that system!