One meets so many people at school, it's often difficult to remember everyone's name. Enter - name associations. I've always associated people's names with things to help me place them (here's a few, for example)."Beltbuckle" (can't actually remember his name, but he always wore ridiculously large belt buckles)
"Tacoma John" (a guy I dated from Tacoma... too far away)
"Sledding Steve" (Steve took me sledding... self explanatory)
"Army" (a friend's boyfriend who was going through ROTC)
"Red" (A very tall very red redheaded man friend)
"Half-shell" (friend of mine who looks unmistakably like a turtle.. and always wears green)
The list could go on. I thought it was funny this semester though, how one of the faculty members who always comes into the gym refers to me. Since the end of last and the beginning of this semester, I have been known as "Tiny Tim" and "Miss America" by him. He is old and cute so I always go with it... those are just new ones for me. I've previously been called Roy, Nessers, Ness, Nestle, V (a favorite), Nessler ... etc, but those are all more logical.
No comments:
Post a Comment